Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Art Gallery

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey Terry or Maida, I was just wondering where the Sandman sketch comes from. Is it from some supplement to the Sandman series? Can I get it anywhere?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member choovanski's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 1999
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey Oz! I'm neither Terry nor Maida, but I think I can help you out here.

    I assume you're talking about this pic:
    sandmangallery tn

    This is from the Sandman - Gallery of Dreams comic put out by DC/Vertigo back in 1994. (Wow. Time flies.)

    It's a collection of Sandman related art contributed by the following people:

    Terry Moore & Teri S. Wood biggrin
    Rick Berry
    Simon Bisley
    Brian Bolland
    Eddie Campbell
    Mark Chiarello
    Geof Darrow
    Colleen Doran
    Craig Hamilton
    Tony Harris
    Jamie Hewlett
    Kelley Jones
    Malcolm Jones III
    Bill Koeb
    Paul Lee
    Mike Mignola
    Mobius
    Jon J. Muth
    Shane Oakley
    George Pratt
    Alex Ross
    Jill Karla Sohwarz
    Alison Seiffer
    Jeff Smith
    Greg Spalenka
    Barron Storey
    Tom Taggart
    Charles Vess
    Matt Wagner
    Gahan Wilson
    Michael Zulli

    (I apologize if I spelled anyone's favorite artist's name incorrectly, the font the names are listed in was obviously picked out by a sadist. wink )

    Oh, there is also a Death gallery out, and a Dreaming gallery. Terry doesn't have a drawing in either of these, but if you're a fan I highly recommend you seek them out!

    Hope this helps!

    [This message has been edited by choovanski (edited February 04, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Terry Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 1999
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, I do have page in The Dreaming Gallery. It's the Delirium Meets Freud pic.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member choovanski's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 1999
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    One word, "D'oh!"

    And a beautiful drawing it is Terry! *L* Thanks for pointing that out, I'd forgotten all about that one! redface

    Excuse me folks, but I'm going to go lock myself in my bedroom for a week or two and re-read every comic I own. I'm slipping! *LOL*

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Terry also did a pinup for one of the Shi pinup books...either the Art of War or Kaidan, I'm not sure which......I didn't pick it up, because, well, it was a Shi book....<shudder>
    *Sorry Terry, if I could have just bought the page you did, I would have........*
    The girls also made an appearance in Shi/Cyblade<again...shudder, one of the worst comic books I have had the misfortuen of reading> and Gen13 #13, but I bon't remember which one, either b or c<similar to Shi/Cyblade, but not as insulting....>

    Also, there was a Small press 'Swim Suit Special' That had the pic of Francine in her swimsuit....I did buy that, because it had some Robotech characters in it....I never even looked through the book past thr Robotech pinups, but much later noticed it in a list of Terry's work, went home and dug it out...if I had just looked thru it, I could have gotten into SiP sooner.....Sigh

    More info than you probably wanted,
    Darth

    PS- Please note: My comments regarding Shi have NOTHING to do with Terry-I just think Billy Tucci is a git.....

    ------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

    [This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited February 05, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So, his portrayal in Cerebus:Going Home may be accurate, huh? hmmm....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Oz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 1999
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    thanks for all the info everyone!! ill have to check out those sandman galleries!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mibbitmaker:
    So, his portrayal in Cerebus:Going Home may be accurate, huh? hmmm....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Who, Billy Tucci? Oh man, you mean I might have to break down and buy Cerebus?

    To paraphrase the the Laruel & Hardy vs. Charlie Chaplin conversation Jesse and Cassidy had in Preacher:

    Jesse: Way I see it, you can tell alot about a guy by the comics he reads. I mean if a gy likes Terry Moore, he's a stand up guy, an alright sort of fella you don't mind havin' around.
    Cassidy: Aye, an' if 'e likes Billy Tucci, 'e's pro'lly a sheep shagger

    Darth

    ------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *laughs*
    that's pretty funny

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Necrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who is Billy Tucci?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •